21st – 24th World Mission Rosary in the Chapel
22nd & 23rd—Mrs. Marshall’s class swimming
22nd – 23rd – Grade 8 Retreat
22nd - Farm Safety presentations for Kindergarten-grade 4
23rd - Tim Horton’s Snack Day, Grade 1 field trip to the museum
24th - If NOT ordering online; ALL Kindergrad & Grade 8 Farewell orders due to the office by 9:00 am, Assembly 1:50 pm in gymnasium
27th, 28th, 29th, 30th & June 3rd—Miss Canuel’s class swimming
30th - Elementary Recognition @ 1:12
31st - Grade 1 field trip to Eagle Point Blue Rapids
3rd—Miss Canuel’s class swimming, Preschool field trip to HTA
4th, 5th, 6th, 10th & 11th—Mrs. Clarke’s class swimming
4th—STAR Track Day, Grade 7 retreat to Camp Nakamun, Kindergarten field trip to Boston Pizza
5th—Grade 1 Mass @ St. Anthony Church 9:30 am, Rotary Park and RCMP Open House, Kindergarten field trip to Boston Pizza
6th—Tim Horton’s Snack Day, Preschool field trip to HTA
7th—NO SCHOOL—Day in Lieu
* If your child is going to be late or away from school all or part of the day, please call the office at 780-542-4396 or email email@example.com . Outside of regular business hours (which are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm), if you get the answering machine, please leave a message.
* For the safety of your child(ren) please do not drop him/her off before 8:20 am as there is no supervision and the doors do not open until 8:20 am.
* All students arriving after the morning bell (8:35am) or leaving school property before the dismissal bell (3:09pm), must sign in/out at the office.
* For the safety of students & staff, ALL Volunteers & Visitors MUST sign in at the office. ALL doors other than the front door will remain locked during the school day.
* We need your help! Classroom interruptions disrupt the flow of the lesson and make it difficult for students to re-focus on the task at hand. The office is receiving a number of requests during the day to relay messages to students or to call students from class. If you are dropping an item off for a student or calling to leave a message for a student, they will be held at the office until morning recess or lunch break. Although we attempt to ensure all students receive their messages or items dropped off, there are times that students do not respond to these calls and if we receive them after the 12:30pm, we can not guarantee that the student will receive them. Please assist us by attempting to make all arrangement with your child before he or she leaves for school in the morning.
Only in cases of emergency, we will call into your child’s class.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep interruptions to a minimum.
* Please make sure that your children are dressed according to the weather. Students are expected to play outside during our recesses. The Division’s weather policy is to have students stay indoors only if the weather is minus 20 below (Celsius) including wind chill. Proper winter attire includes mittens, hat, warm coat, ski pants, and winter boots. It’s also a really good idea, to pack extra clothing (such as pants, underwear, t-shirt and socks) in your child(ren)’s backpack – in case they get all wet.
* Taking holidays during the school year may result in students missing valuable learning which may result in students missing valuable learning which may have a negative effect on their academic progress. However, we do understand that because of differing circumstances this may occur in various families. Although our teachers are committed to helping your child progress, please understand that it is not reasonable to request that the teacher prepare detailed lessons or homework missed during your child’s absence. Students are responsible for catching up on all missed
assignments within a reasonable time frame determined by the teacher through consultation with the student and
Important information for Parents/Guardians of Grade 6 students
Awaso Canadian Academy Foundation - ACAF
Awaso Canadian Academy Foundation (ACAF) fundraiser is May 25, 2019
Our website is http://www.awasoacademy.ca
Get important messages via SMS (Text Messages)
In an effort to reach you more effectively, parents can now receive important messages via SMS (text message).
Those messages include bus cancellation and status notification.
To receive Bus Status updates and important STAR Catholic notifications via text messaging, Simply text “Y” to 978338
School News View All
The Journey of another School Year Begins in STAR Catholic
Posted on Sep 17 2018
In St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools we speak of a journey in our Vision Statement, a foundational focus for the Division: Souls seeking Christ on a journey of faith, learning and love. The Camino de Santiago, or The Way of St. James, is a vast…
Go Blue for World Catholic Education Day!
Posted on May 14 2019
Every year, 40 days after Easter on the Feast Day of the Ascension of Christ, Catholics around the globe celebrate World Catholic Education Day. It’s a time to come together as students, parents, teachers, staff, and trustees to…
2018-2019 Spring Surplus Equipment List Available
Posted on May 8 2019
Each spring and fall, STAR Catholic School Division offers surplus equipment for sale. A new list of all available equipment for sale is available to view.
Rejoice and Be Glad During Catholic Education Week 2019!
Posted on May 2 2019
Catholic Education Week 2019 takes place May 6 to 10. This year’s theme is “Rejoice and Be Glad”, and we’ll be celebrating our amazing schools all week long. We’ll share interesting facts, good news, and inspirational stories…