20th - select members of the running club going to the Running Room Indoor Games, Skating; please see schedule below
22nd - Skating; please see schedule below
22nd & 23rd - St. Anthony School Invitational Archery Tournament
25th - Skating; please see schedule below, Parent Council Meeting; 7:00pm, babysitting provided
26th, 27th, 28th, March 4th & 5th—Mrs. McConnell’s class swimming
27th – Pink Shirt Day, Grade 8 Ski Trip to Canyon Ski Hill
28th— Tim Horton’s Snack Day
March 1st—Boys & Girls Club closed
4th & 5th—Mrs. McConnell’s class swimming
5th—Grade 7 Ski Trip to Rabbit Hill, Shrove Tuesday Pancake lunch
6th, 11th, 13th, 18th & 20th—Miss Alonso’s class swimming
6th—Ash Wednesday Liturgy @ 1:45
8th—NO SCHOOL—PD Day
* If your child is going to be late or away from school all or part of the day, please call the office at 780-542-4396 or email email@example.com . Outside of regular business hours (which are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm), if you get the answering machine, please leave a message.
* For the safety of your child(ren) please do not drop him/her off before 8:20 am as there is no supervision and the doors do not open until 8:20 am.
* All students arriving after the morning bell (8:35am) or leaving school property before the dismissal bell (3:09pm), must sign in/out at the office.
* For the safety of students & staff, ALL Volunteers & Visitors MUST sign in at the office. ALL doors other than the front door will remain locked during the school day.
* We need your help! Classroom interruptions disrupt the flow of the lesson and make it difficult for students to re-focus on the task at hand. The office is receiving a number of requests during the day to relay messages to students or to call students from class. If you are dropping an item off for a student or calling to leave a message for a student, they will be held at the office until morning recess or lunch break. Although we attempt to ensure all students receive their messages or items dropped off, there are times that students do not respond to these calls and if we receive them after the 12:30pm, we can not guarantee that the student will receive them. Please assist us by attempting to make all arrangement with your child before he or she leaves for school in the morning.
Only in cases of emergency, we will call into your child’s class.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep interruptions to a minimum.
* Please make sure that your children are dressed according to the weather. Students are expected to play outside during our recesses. The Division’s weather policy is to have students stay indoors only if the weather is minus 20 below (Celsius) including wind chill. Proper winter attire includes mittens, hat, warm coat, ski pants, and winter boots. It’s also a really good idea, to pack extra clothing (such as pants, underwear, t-shirt and socks) in your child(ren)’s backpack – in case they get all wet.
* Taking holidays during the school year may result in students missing valuable learning which may result in students missing valuable learning which may have a negative effect on their academic progress. However, we do understand that because of differing circumstances this may occur in various families. Although our teachers are committed to helping your child progress, please understand that it is not reasonable to request that the teacher prepare detailed lessons or homework missed during your child’s absence. Students are responsible for catching up on all missed
assignments within a reasonable time frame determined by the teacher through consultation with the student and
Pink Shirt Day is February 27th
Get important messages via SMS (Text Messages)
In an effort to reach you more effectively, parents can now receive important messages via SMS (text message).
Those messages include bus cancellation and status notification.
To receive Bus Status updates and important STAR Catholic notifications via text messaging, Simply text “Y” to 978338
School News View All
The Journey of another School Year Begins in STAR Catholic
Posted on Sep 17 2018
In St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools we speak of a journey in our Vision Statement, a foundational focus for the Division: Souls seeking Christ on a journey of faith, learning and love. The Camino de Santiago, or The Way of St. James, is a vast…
STAR Catholic Board Meeting Highlights Now Available
Posted on Jan 22 2019
STAR Catholic’s Board meeting highlights are available HERE.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from STAR Catholic Schools
Posted on Dec 21 2018
As we continue our journey through Advent and the Christmas season, the schools in St. Thomas Aquinas Roman (STAR) Catholic School Division are not immune to the increase in excitement that comes hand-in-hand with the season. Just…
Celebrating Students - STAR High School Students Score 100% on Diploma Exams
Posted on Nov 30 2018
STAR Catholic recently celebrated the achievement of its High School and Junior high students. Among those celebrated were Jayden Tyliszczak and Nolan Bird from Christ the King, Rebecca Fontana from Holy Trinity Academy, and Shannon…